Prof. Bertrand Coiffier
Executive Steering Committee Member
South Lyon Hospital Center, Lyon, FR
Bertrand Coiffier was Professor of Hematology at the Department of Hematology, Hospices Civils de Lyon and the University Claude Bernard, Lyon, France. After having specialized in hematology, Professor Coiffier has held a number of positions at the Hematology Department of the Edouard-Herriot Hospital, Lyon and then the Centre Hospitalier Lyon-Sud, Pierre-Benite. He is a member of several international societies, including the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the International Society for Medical Oncology, the European Haematology Association, and the European Society for Medical Oncology. Professor Coiffier is a founding member of the Group d’Etude des Lymphomes de l’Adulte (GELA) and he is the President of the GELA since 2006. He has recently created the European Lymphoma Institute (ELI) as a working party in Europe for lymphoproliferative disorders. He has published over 400 papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is retired since September 2016.
Professor Coiffier holds a Doctor of Medicine and a Doctor of Philosophy, and attended the University of Lyon, France, from 1965 to 1974. He was certified in Hematology in 1977, Medical Oncology in 1983, and became a Professor of Hematology in 1989.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Winner of the Kaplan Lecture and San Salvatore Prize, Lugano 2008
- Winner of the John Ultmann Award for outstanding contributions to the treatment of lymphoma, New York 2011
- President of the European Lymphoma Institute (ELI)
- A Lymphoma Medical Representative of the Working Committee of the Lymphoma Coalition
- Board Member of Healthology Inc.
- Member of several international societies, including the American Society of Hematology, the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the International Society for Medical Oncology, the European Haematology Association, and the European Society for Medical Oncology
- Former editor of the Journal Leukemia Research
- Founding chair of the Lymphoma Hub