Simon Rule is Professor in Haematology at the Department of Haematology at Plymouth University Peninsula of medicine and dentistry. He is also a consultant haematologist and Associate Medical Director of Research and Development at Plymouth Hospital NHS Trust. He graduated from Nottingham medical school in 1987 with a Master of Philosophy in chronic myeloid leukaemia research performed when he was a medical student.
Prof Rule’s research area of interest is in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) particularly in mantle cell lymphoma (MCL). He is the Chief Investigator on 12 National studies and Principal Investigator on over 40 studies. Additionally, he manages the only mantle cell lymphoma clinic in Europe.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Chair of the national cancer research network (NCRN) Low Grade NHL Committee from 2013
- Member of the Leukemia and Lymphoma research clinical trials committee 2012
- Member of the Cancer Research UK Clinical Trials Advisory Committee 2012
- Member of the European Mantle Cell Lymphoma Network
- Author on more than 150 scientific publications