Dr Michael Dickinson
Innovation Committee Member
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Victoria, AU
Dr Michael Dickinson is a clinical hematologist at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre and is the lead of the Aggressive Lymphoma stream within the Integrated Haematology Service. Dr Dickinson gained his Doctor of Medicine at the University of Western Australia, trained as a physician in Brisbane and London, and is the Julie Borschmann Research Fellow, University of Melbourne.
Dr Dickinson’s research areas of interest include; aggressive lymphoma, myelodysplastic syndromes, AML and myeloma. He is a principal investigator in phase I/II studies, mainly in aggressive lymphoma. His research focuses on the role of epigenetic modifiers and immunotherapies in hematological malignancies and eltrombopag as a supportive care agent in myeloid malignancy. Additionally, he researches novel methods of molecular analysis for patients with lymphoid malignancies.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Awarded the Julie Borschmann Research Fellow at the University of Melbourne in 2013
- Member of the Victorian Epigenetics Group
- Member of the aggressive Lymphoma and Leukaemia Committees of the Australasian Leukaemia and Lymphoma Group (ALLG) and Lymphoma Australia
- Member of the Haematology Society of Australia and New Zealand (HSANZ)
- Member of the American Society of Hematologists