Prof. Peter Johnson
Scientific Advisory Board Member
Cancer Research UK Centre, University of Southampton
Peter Johnson is Professor of Medical Oncology at the University of Southampton and an Honorary Consultant in Medical Oncology at University Hospital Southampton. Prof Johnson gained his medical degrees from Cambridge University and St Thomas’s Medical School in 1985. He completed oncology training and Doctoral research at St Bartholomew’s Hospital as an Imperial Cancer Research Fund Clinical Research Fellow.
Prof Johnson specializes in the treatment of lymphoma and is the Chief Investigator for several lymphoma trials nationally and internationally, with a focus on immunotherapy. His current international trials include the RATHL study in advanced Hodgkin lymphoma, investigating the use of FDG-PET scanning and the REMoDL-B study in gene expression profiling.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- Director of the Francis Crick Institute Cancer Research Network
- Chief Clinician for Cancer Research UK 2008-2017
- Director of the Southampton Cancer Research UK center
- Scientific Committee for the International Conference on Malignant Lymphoma
- Scientific Committee for the International Symposium on Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Executive Board member of the Cancer Immunotherapy (CIMT) Consortium