Prof. Ulrich Jager
Scientific Advisory Board Member
Medical University of Vienna
Ulrich Jäger is Professor of Hematology at Medizinische Universitsat Wien and Head of the Clinical Department for hematology and haemostaseology at the Vienna General Hospital. Prof Jäger obtained his university degree in General Internal Medicine at the University of Vienna with specific specialization in hematology/oncology.
His research areas of interest include; lymphoproliferative diseases (leukemia and lymphoma), chronic lymphocytic leukemia, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma acute lymphocytic leukemia, antibody therapies and autoimmune hemolytic anemias.
Positions of responsibility/awards:
- President of the European Hematology Association (EHA) 2011-2013
- Member of the Austrian Society of Hematology and Oncology and the Austrian Society of Internal Medicine
- Member of the American Society of Hematology
- Member of the European Leukemia Net, European Haematology Association and the German CLL study group
- Winner of the Wilhelm Türk Prize of the Austrian Society for Hematology and Oncology (together with Dr.Mag.N.Welzel) in 2002 and 2003
- Winner of the Prize of the "Erste Österreichische Sparkasse" (together with Dr.R.Marculescu) 2002
- Winner of the Aventis Prize (1st prize) (according to Dr.R.Marculescu) 2003
- Winner of "Großer Zentraluropäischer Preis" of the Vienna City Fund for innovative interdisciplinary cancer research in 2012
- Prof Jäger reviews top medical journals, he is also Section Editor of the Annals of Hematology and Editor-in-Chief of the Vienna Clinical Weekly